In this episode, Brendan Lee talks to Deputy Principal, Stephanie Le Lievre. She explains:
– how the Reading Science in Schools FB group – that now has over 50,000 members, came about
– why we need to “cut the fluff”
– what a structured literacy block can look like for the pre-primary stage
– what an evidence-informed approach looks like in the primary classroom
– how she is using ChatGPT for fluency building!
About Stephanie Le Lievre
Stephanie Le Lievre is the Deputy Principal of Serpentine Primary School in Perth, Western Australia. She is a Level 3 Classroom Teacher, instructional coach and former speech pathologist with considerable experience in leading evidence-based literacy instruction in the primary-school context. Stephanie spent five years in the Kimberley region where she held the position of Literacy Coordinator at a large district school during the initial roll-out of the Kimberley Schools Project. She has led large curriculum project groups consisting of a number of schools across Australia. Stephanie is a co-director of SoTLA (Science of Teaching and Learning Australia) and is the co-founder of the Reading Science in Schools Facebook community.