After almost 10 years as a high school teacher, I left the profession demoralised and I opened up a cafe! I learnt a lot about business, myself, leadership and communication, but also had a sense of unfinished business in education.
After some soul searching, I decided to re-join the profession, but this time as a primary teacher.
One of the major issues I had as a high school teacher was seeing so many disengaged students and I wanted to see if I could get to the heart of the problem.
Since then, I have fallen down a “rabbit hole” of research on the science of learning.
I am now committed to supporting as many educators as possible in becoming more evidence-informed so that they can apply it to their teaching.
Schools are complex places and rather than trying to figure everything out for ourselves, we need to share and collaborate.
Everything I know now, will not be the same as what I know tomorrow.
What I write in this blog, may not be right, but it is part of the process. Join me on this learning journey!
Work with me
I have worked with schools as a consultant in refining their school improvement processes, managing change and providing professional learning. I have also presented at various conferences including Sharing Best Practice (Sydney, Wollongong, High Country, Gippsland, Canberra), What Works Best Series, ACHPER’s Early Career Teachers Conference and the Science of Teaching and Learning (SoTLA), Sydney. If you’re interested in working with me, you can contact me at email@example.com or here 👇
Featured on the following Podcasts:
- Thinking Deeply about Primary Education Podcast: In search of the Science of Mathematics (Teaching) with Brendan Lee
- Teacher Takeaway Podcast: S3, EP13: Science of Maths
- Effective Teaching: Explicit teaching with Brendan Lee
- The Art of Teaching: Brendan Lee: Starting with the evidence, building a culture of trust and the complexities of school improvement.
- Educate to Self-Regulate: Identifying student motivation: Conversation with Brendan Lee