In this conversation, Brendan Lee chats with David Morkunas and they touch on a range of topics including why he thinks so many teachers have such a negative attitude towards teaching maths, what the key elements of his maths lessons are and how to teach mixed-ability classes.
- Explicit Direct Instruction
- Sigfried Englemann
- Kirschner, Sweller and Clark
- Hochman and Wexler’s The Writing Revolution
- George Booker – Teaching Primary Mathematics
- Times Tables Rockstars
- New Waves Mental Maths
- Dr. Stephen Norton – https://mathematicseducation.vhx.tv/
You can connect with Dave:
You can connect with Brendan:
About David Morkunas
David Morkunas is a Learning Specialist working at Brandon Park Primary School to drive whole-school improvement in Numeracy. He has presented on a range of topics for organisations including ResearchED, SPELD, and LDA. David can often be found hunched over a laptop late at night, tinkering with PowerPoint animations and muttering quietly to himself.